Year 3 travelled back to the Stone Age and the hall (decorated in all things stone age) was full of animal prints, with lots of fur and prehistoric bone headbands. The children completed activities to learn about the Stone Age. Activities included:
- Fruit Gathering – hitting a fruit target
- Hunting with Spears - throwing a Javelin as if hunting for woolly mammoths
- Making a stone age shelter
- Tracking signs- laying a trail to get from their camp to the mammoth herd and then the fruit orchard.
- Looking at timelines
- Cave paintings
- And not forgetting dissecting the human poo!
A fantastic learning time was had by all.